Monday, October 25, 2010

Free Pumpkins

So, while my volunteer day was postponed, and I was unable to find an event 'til too late. I drove around looking for signs of external life.
Three examples of make a difference day surfaced.
One church cleaning up its landscaping.
Another church giving away free pumpkins.
And three college kids collecting money for cancer at an intersection.
Other than that... those were the only signs of external make a difference day.
No signs, no rallies, no walkers, no outside event... even though the weather was picturesque.
While I still give Cleveland a "D", I give those I witnessed an "A".
The church giving away free pumpkins really was an example. They weren't soliciting, they weren't only benefiting their congregation... they were giving something away only for the benefit of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment